Name: Becky
Occupation: Student/Occassional Auxiliary Nurse/ABA Therapist/Serial traveller/owner of itchy feet
Home Towm: Bangor, North Wales
Current Location: Bangor



Links
Amy
Ben
Carl
Harriet
Helen
Lou


Monday, February 23, 2009
Exciting news!  
No, I'm not getting married as Adam decided to tell everyone via facebook. I have got myself a job though, which I think is much more exciting! Not only is it a job, but it's a really well paid one, only a few hours a week, can increase those hours during holidays, and it will involve some practical application of what's covered in my course- perfect! And on the topic of my degree, which I occasionally forget is the actual reason for me to be in Bangor, I got exam results today along with a letter of commendation from the head of school! A clear indication that 10 days in Africa prior to exams is highly beneficial (Yes, Andy did pretty well too, so the results can be generalised!), so if anyone would like to help, nay, ensure that I do equally well in the summer exams, send me your money!

Unfortunately, I think job commitments may mean a pre-exams holiday may not be possible, but an epic summer expedition, collaborating the talents of myself and Miss Fletcher, should make up for this. Exact details are yet to come, but Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam will all be included with possible diversions to some or all of Singapore, Bangkok and Hong Kong(flight price dependent), during July, August and early September. I am very excited about this, especially since my suspicions of Vietnam's amazingness were confirmed by Top Gear recently. I've heard so much good stuff about this part of the world on my travels it will be good to actually see it for myself. Plus, I shall be doing it all with Katherine, which will make it all the more fabulous. I've not done more than a couple of weeks travelling with someone that I've not only just met, so it will be quite different, but I have no doubt that we will make an unbeeatable travel team. Bring on the summer! Actually, I've just realised my average for last semester is high enough for me to do nothing for the rest of the year and still pass overall- holiday anyone?!

4:47 PM
Comment (0) ... PermaLink