Name: Becky
Occupation: Student/Occassional Auxiliary Nurse/ABA Therapist/Serial traveller/owner of itchy feet
Home Towm: Bangor, North Wales
Current Location: Bangor



Links
Amy
Ben
Carl
Harriet
Helen
Lou


Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Howzit?  
Despite the lack of bloggage, I am still alive, just been a little busy and lacking in internet time.

I'm currently in Cape Town and have been in South Africa for a few days. Firstly in Stellenbosch for a wine tour which, as expected, was a lot of fun and obviously very educational, which is totally why I went, nothing to do with all the wine tastings. After that came down here on Sunday. Done Table Mountain, Cape of Good Hope, and had planned to do Robben Island today but due to high winds and rough sea it was cancelled, so I went shopping instead. I've discovered I can claim back tax on nearly everything I buy, except food, which means everything is really cheap so I have to buy lots. Unfortunatly I don't think I can claim for postage expenses , so that might limit me a bit.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Hermanus for a spot of cage diving with Great Whites (saw life size model of one in a museum today and realised just how big they are!) and some whale watching with a few people from the truck. After a few days there I'm off on my own for my grand tour. Not sure exactly where I'm going yet, but I'm sure making it up as I go along will be fine, as long as I get to Johanesburg on time. For those of you that don't know that's September 5th, so I'll be back in England on Friday and then in Norwich on Saturday night. And that is the last time we talk about me leaving until the 4th, at the earliest!

I'm not going to attempt to do a big update at the moment. Hopefully I will have more regular net access over the next three weeks, so will inform you all as I go, then when I return I'll write up about all my adventures up until now. I've had a great time though and have seen and done some amazing stuff. Other stuff to tick of my bucket list are seeing the Big Five, Victoria Falls, Dune 45 and getting to 12 of the 46 African countries I want to visit (yes that might be all of them...).

2:45 PM
Comment (1) ... PermaLink